Sunday 7 October 2007

Vector!

Did I mention I'm having a most unholy attraction to vector art as of late o_O? Well, not 'unholy' per se, but dang I've got a sudden interest. It's something to do with the colours I think. Maybe this is why I've always preferred Dreamcast RPGs to PS2's: the colours on the DC are so much more vibrant and edged. Then again it did have a more powerful GPU than the PS2 so I guess that's why (gloats). Skies of Arcadia--Praises be. Grandia 2--Hallelujah. Sweet stuff man.

In any case, I'm going to see if I can get Inkscape. I'm hearing rumours that it may be better than Illustrator, but I doubt that since Adobe's got a rather mature product and they make all-around good software ^_^. Heck but at least Inkscape is open source/free. And maybe I can make a couple attempts at vectoring a couple verses and stuff--mwuhuhhaaaa. Should be a fun experiment. I just hope Inkscape makes text easy to handle...when I was doing a poster class in Photoshop, text was reeeeaaallly easy to manipulate. I look forward to Inkscape providing me with the same luxury.

Keep the faith and walk good.

Blessings!

No comments: