Monday 8 October 2007

Patience

Galations 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Sigh. Incredible that the other day I so badly wanted a car...and now that I've got one I'm dissatisfied with it. I've prayed so hard about this! And now that I've received what I wanted there are all sorts of problems, the roof seal above the doors seems to be leaking, the AC only works when it's turned on High, and the steering is pretty stiff. It needs new mats, the lower waterhose needs to be changed, the oilpan seal needs to be replaced and it's in need of servicing. Granted, I got it for 140 K (J'can) which is fairly good given it's a 1994 Swift Sedan (1.3 L) with a sound engine.

But at the same time, what did I expect? Luxury for the cost? I daresay that's what I thought.

I guess I got so caught up with the idea of owning one I forgot that, heck, for second-hand stuff it's never going to be easy. I prayed to God for something to move around in and that would fit my budget. It works, and drives quite nicely so my prayer actually was answered. But we always want more don't we? We always do--that's what caused the whole Eden fiasco in the first place. (On that note, where do people get off blaming Eve o_O? I won't say she wasn't part of the problem--but didn't God give Adam a specific mandate? In light of this, shouldn't he have at least dealt with the issue as soon as it arose? As they say over here "Satan 'trang yuh nuh" -_-. By the way, there's a hilarious comic from ReverendFun.com here) We always want things in the now, not the later. Quite frankly--I'm pretty angry with myself for thinking like I do quite a bit of the time. I mean, I do wish that things could have worked out a little better, but that's no reason to be ungrateful. I was actually able to drive my girlfriend around--and that was a good feeling especially since previously lacking mobility kind of prevented us from going out when we wanted to. In fact I'm hoping it will give us more opportunities to see each other--since we're both busy with work and all that. So I'll be thankful not only because it's the right thing to do, but also so I don't forget where I'm coming from. I used to have to ride pillion on a bike in the rain, and would sometimes get splashed. Now I'm in a vehicle, warm and dry. And did I mention that the gas needle has barely moved since I've been up and down in it? The fuel economy sure is nice :). I must make do with what I have because things could always be worse.

How easy it is to lose oneself in what one wants as opposed to what one really needs! In the end I think that makes all the difference. Take care till next time.

Blessings!

PS: I hereby christen my Swift--the FaithMobile 2.0 (cuz Yan has the original FaithMobile...boy the number of times I thought it would run out of gas and guess what...it didn't o_O!)

1 comment:

Yannick said...

Hehe, good to know you got a vehicle now Josh. What you said was very true about us wanting more even when we get the things we hope and pray for. I know I'm guilty of that from time to time.

Nice post though and keep on chuggin in your FaithMobile 2.0. Things will get better in due time it may not be perfect now but good things are in store for those who are patient and wait on the Lord.

Blessings.