Sunday 13 September 2009

My Time with an Asus F8SP-X1



So it's almost been a year since I shelled out a hefty sum for this tidy little device. So far I can't say I've regretted it. NewEgg has it as a "deactivated item" -- not sure why...but all I can say is this was definitely one of my better decisions in life (yay!). So far it's handled everything I can throw at it (even Street Fighter IV!), and has withstood every test. I thank God I had the money to purchase it at the time ^^. Let's get down to business...

Aesthetics: Not extremely great but I do like the glossy finish (shows up fingerprints though).

CPU: It's one of those Core 2's (T5750)with reduced L1/L2 cache...but otherwise it works fairly well. If it's a bottleneck I can't say I've noticed it o_o

Memory: 3 Gigs of DDR2@667 MHz is pretty nice and comfortably covers both my leisure and academic needs.

Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650...sweet card. Runs HOT though--teh exhaust for this baby is on the right side so sometimes your mouse hand will get a little warm, but that's no problem. At work the AC is set so low that I sometimes actually use this to warm my hands ^_^

Sound: Not the best and can be somewhat tinny. Doesn't bother me though, we all can't have it perfect on a low budget.

All in all, it's a pretty sweet machine--faithfully chugging along. Gotta love it.

Josh.

No comments: